Wiz Kids Sports Camps, LLC is seeking an enthusiastic We are looking for positive and enthusiastic Summer Camp Instructor who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and leading children with quality standards-based instruction in the area of Culinary Arts; assesses and encourages student progress, manages an effective learning environment to maximize student achievement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Commits to building a safe, child-focused community
- Pre-camp review of inventory and reports from previous summers.
- Obtaining supplies and making purchase recommendations relative to program requirements. Complete timely food orders in partnership with the Food Service vendor.
- Establishing and coordinating a program of Culinary Arts activities for program groups.
- Focus should be on teaching different styles and techniques in cooking and baking, nutrition education and healthy alternatives, creativity and safety.
- Supervising all counselors assigned to assist in programs.
- Seeking to instill in the camp community an appreciation for a healthy and balanced diet.
- Maintaining and cleaning the culinary lab. Food must be properly stored and kitchen area cleaned thoroughly each day to prevent rodent and pest issues.
- Assist in planning and implementing unit and all camp activity programs.
- Work with program staff in planning, conducting and evaluating programs.
- Participate in unit activities.
- Provide general and camp coverage as assigned or needed.
- Attend all meetings, meals and scheduled events when on duty.
- Insures culinary facilities are maintained with the highest with the high sanitation standards.
- Hiring for our Chicago and South Suburban campus locations
- Willingness to comply with suspected child abuse reporting (subsection (a)(7) of Section 26-1 of the state of Illinois Criminal Code)
- Seasonal availability (June – August 2020)
Qualifications and Skills
Prior culinary teaching experience at the elementary or high school level. Associate Degree or higher in Culinary Arts with 2 years occupational experience.