Wiz Kids Sports Camps, LLC is seeking enthusiastic Summer Camp Instructors who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and leading children (grades 5 & 6) with quality standards-based instruction in the area of Math; assesses and encourages student progress, manages an effective learning environment to maximize student achievement.
Prior teaching experience at the elementary school level with a focus on math.Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Education with an emphasis in Math or a related subject area, and 2 years of occupational experience.
- Commits to building a safe, child-focused community
- Prepare course objectives and outline course of study following camp curriculum guidelines
- Assist in planning and implementing unit and all camp activity programs.
- Work with program staff in planning, conducting and evaluating programs.
- Present subject matter to students using best practices
- Teach rules of conduct and maintain order in classroom
- Counsel pupils when adjustment and academic problems arise
- Keep attendance as required by camp
- Assume responsibility for the care of materials, equipment, and facilities
- Assume responsibility for a neat, safe environment for students committed to their care
- Practice and promote positive interaction with and among students
- Encourage self-direction and self-motivation in students
- Communicate with parents on pupil progress
- Provide general and camp coverage as assigned or needed.
- Willingness to comply with suspected child abuse reporting (subsection (a)(7) of Section 26-1 of the state of Illinois Criminal Code)
- Hiring for our Chicago and South Suburban campus locations
- Seasonal availability (June – August 2020)