Wiz Kids Sports Camps, LLC is seeking an enthusiastic professional to coordinate volleyball related activities during the summer camp session.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The Volleyball Director is responsible for creating the volleyball curriculum and overseeing the day-to-day implementation of the volleyball program. Directors play a key role in creating and defining each of the Core Sports programs with Wiz Kids Sports Camps programs and take a visible leadership role at camp. They serve as the primary instructors for teaching fundamental skills as well as more advanced strategy.
- In addition to leading the volleyball program, the Volleyball Director will work alongside Assistant Coaches and are in a position to offer guidance and feedback, in addition to functioning as their director supervisor. (Assistant Coaches, also called Counselor Coaches, have the dual role of serving as a camp counselor –chaperoning, supervising and guiding campers through the day‐to-day activities of the overall camp experience.
- Assistant Coaches placed in the volleyball program will have a fundamental knowledge of the sport but may not have prior experience with coaching or teaching
- Serve as head of sport, responsible for execution of daily skill and scrimmage sessions
- Develop and lead daily sport specific drill and game components
- Communicate equipment and facility needs to camp leadership staff
- Create and maintain collaborative relationships with Assistant Coaches/Counselors
- Ensure the welfare of campers and positive resolution of camper related issues by communication clearly and consistently with camp leadership staff
- Arrange in camp competition programming for campers in grades 5th to 8th against competing programs
- Complete written end of session evaluations for each individual participant
- Willingness to comply with suspected child abuse reporting (subsection (a)(7) of Section 26-1 of the state of Illinois Criminal Code)
- Hiring for our Chicago and South Suburban campus locations
- Seasonal availability (June – August 2020)
Qualifications and Skills
Prior volleyball related head coaching experience at the elementary or high school level. Coaching certification in the sport volleyball or an advanced degree in sports administration is highly preferred.