Wiz Kids Sports Camps, LLC is seeking an enthusiastic Summer Camp Instructor who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and leading children with quality standards based instruction in the area of Drama; assesses and encourages student progress, manages an effective learning environment to maximize student achievement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teaches acting principles and techniques to individuals or groups: Conducts readings to evaluate student’s talent.
- Adapts course of study and training methods to meet student’s need and ability.
- Teaches enunciation, diction, voice development, and dialects, using voice exercises, speech drills, explanation, lectures, and improvisation.
- Discusses and demonstrates vocal and body expression to teach acting styles, character development, and personality projection.
- Produces and directs plays for final camp performances.
- Auditions students to select cast and assign parts.
- Rehearses and drills students to ensure they master parts.
- Assigns nonperforming students to backstage production tasks, such as constructing, painting, moving scenery, operating stage light, and sound equipment.
- May direct activities of students involved in constructing, painting, and lighting scenery.
- May teach elements of stagecraft, stage makeup, costume craft, play writing, or play direction.
- Commits to building a safe, child-focused community
- Supervising all counselors assigned to assist in programs.
- Assist in planning and implementing unit and all camp activity programs.
- Work with program staff in planning, conducting and evaluating programs.
- Provide general and camp coverage as assigned or needed.
- Willingness to comply with suspected child abuse reporting (subsection (a)(7) of Section 26-1 of the state of Illinois Criminal Code)
- Seasonal availability (June – August 2020)
Qualifications and Skills
Prior experience teaching drama at the elementary or high school level. Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Theatre with 2 years occupational experience is ideal.