Wiz Kids Sports Camps, LLC is seeking an enthusiastic Summer Camp Instructor who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and leading children with quality standards-based instruction in the area of Computer Science; assesses and encourages student progress, manages an effective learning environment to maximize student achievement.
Prior teaching experience at the elementary or high school level. Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science with 2 years occupational of experience.
- Commits to building a safe, child-focused community
- Ability to plan course instruction based upon approved syllabus/outline provided to insure course content and objectives are met.
- Ability to utilize a variety of teaching styles and methods to accommodate diverse learning styles of students.
- Ability to utilize instructional technologies, including computers, internet resources and other appropriate media.
- Knowledgeable with digital photography and video processes, techniques, equipment, software and apps.
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment
- Organize storage areas and control use of materials, equipment and tools to prevent loss or abuse, and to minimize time required for distribution and collection
- Communicate with parents on pupil progress
- Assist in planning and implementing unit and all camp activity programs.
- Work with program staff in planning, conducting and evaluating programs.
- Provide general and camp coverage as assigned or needed.
- Willingness to comply with suspected child abuse reporting (subsection (a)(7) of Section 26-1 of the state of Illinois Criminal Code)
- Hiring for our Chicago and South Suburban campus locations
- Seasonal availability (June – August 2020)