Flossmoor, IL 60422
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
Wiz Kids Sports Camps, LLC is seeking an enthusiastic professional to coordinate tumbling related activities during the summer camp session.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The Tumbling Director is responsible for creating the tumbling curriculum and overseeing the day-to-day implementation of the tumbling program. Directors play a key role in creating and defining each of the Core Sports programs with Wiz Kids Sports Camps programs and take a visible leadership role at camp. They serve as the primary instructors for teaching fundamental skills as well as more advanced strategy.
- In addition to leading the tumbling program, the Tumbling Director will work alongside Assistant Coaches and are in a position to offer guidance and feedback, in addition to functioning as their director supervisor. (Assistant Coaches, also called Counselor Coaches, have the dual role of serving as a camp counselor –chaperoning, supervising and guiding campers through the day‐to-day activities of the overall camp experience.
- Assistant Coaches placed in the volleyball program will have a fundamental knowledge of the sport but may not have prior experience with coaching or teaching
- Serve as head of sport, responsible for execution of daily skill and scrimmage sessions
- Develop and lead daily sport specific drill and training components
- Communicate equipment and facility needs to camp leadership staff
- Create and maintain collaborative relationships with Assistant Coaches/Counselors
- Ensure the welfare of campers and positive resolution of camper related issues by communication clearly and consistently with camp leadership staff
- Complete written end of session evaluations for each individual participant
- Willingness to comply with suspected child abuse reporting (subsection (a)(7) of Section 26-1 of the state of Illinois Criminal Code)
- Hiring for our Chicago and South Suburban campus locations
- Seasonal availability (June – August 2019)
Qualifications and Skills
Prior tumbling related coaching experience at the elementary or high school level. Coaching certification in gymnastics/tumbling or an advanced degree in sports administration is highly preferred.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract